Give your APAN Community a voice and build relationships by talking with your teams over live chat. APAN chat tools help you to collaborate in real-time from your browser without needing to install anything additional. Chat tools are intuitive to maximize your team’s responsiveness and productivity.
Instant Message (IM)
- APANs IM enables one-to-one interaction with connected colleagues by creating immediate conversations rather than sending emails back and forth
- IM keeps conversations moving
- Each user can hold conversations that can be translated to their preferred language
- Create chat rooms for projects, teams, planning sessions, exercises or situational updates
- Use Group Chat to work on files at the same time with others around the globe without having to wait for an email response
- See which of your colleagues or fellow group members are online and have a private conversation
- Create as many Group Chat rooms per topic as you need
- Archive old chat rooms to reference in the future
Third-Party Chat Clients
Because APANs chat capability is built on XMPP/Jabber, you can use third-party clients to optimize real-time discussions for low-bandwidth situations. This allows users to use other XMPP-based clients with other APAN Community members. See the XMPP Standards Foundation website for a list of compatible XMPP clients. Other successful APAN Communities with customized chat capabilities have used Pidgen and Tranverse.